Drastic reductions in heating, cooling and electricity costs can be accomplished through very simple changes, most of which homeowners can do themselves.
Of course, for homeowners who want to take advantage of the most up-to-date knowledge and systems in home energy efficiency, InterNACHI energy auditors can perform in-depth testing to find the best energy solutions for your particular home.
- Install a tankless water heater.
- Replace incandescent lights.
- Seal and insulate your home.
- Install efficient showerheads and toilets.
- Use appliances and electronics responsibly.
- Install daylighting as an alternative to electrical lighting.
- Insulate windows and doors.
- Cook smart.
- Change the way you do laundry.
For much more detail, you can see InterNACHI’s full guidelines right here!